264 Ashley Avenue
This is an extensive renovation project in completed in 2011. The building was originally constructed as a one-story house c.1890. It had been elevated over a concrete-block restaurant in the 1930s, and stylistically ‘modernized’ in the 1960s. We decided to demolish the non-historic ground floor and raise the house up even higher, building a new first floor and restyling the whole structure to look appropriate to its original date of construction. Designed as a collaboration between George Holt and Andrew Gould, and owner/developer Reid Burgess.